Action Pages

We can make a difference on these issues.

Right now our main issues include: getting medicaid expansion here in Pennsylvania, stopping all social security and medicare cuts at the federal level, and easing the massive debt of college students.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Tough love for the Greens Part 2: Why doesn't Labor support the Greens?

Second part of answering Hugh's question, posted here on Facebook. This is a public event so I assume he doesn't mind a public response.

Why have Democrats turned against labor? Why does labor still support Democrats? Discuss, with great food, at our next Green Night out on March 12

Location: Singapore Vegetarian Restaurant
Time: ‎7:00PM Saturday, March 12th
I wrote this in response.

Labor doesn't support the greens because, well, you got me. I mean the Wisconsin 14 are fighting for labor. The President and Harry Reid not so much...I mean, they could easily fund house and senate campaigns at the amounts I just mentioned.... Why don't they? You got me. I mean, I hear they got rid of all the Marxists after the McCarthy scares and maybe that's why Labor doesn't have a brain. Labor should have its own press, its own party...doesn't have to contest every seat. Shoot for five senate seats, and 25 house seats. Support dems everywhere else where viable third party candidates can't be fielded. Everyone should thank Hugh for asking the question. Labor organizers are some of the most talented people I've ever met...
Update: Well, one reason is that the Green Party isn't very effective, see tough love one. 
Of course, labor could pretty much take over the Green Party, or run indirect yet competent campaigns through 527s like this one, modeled on America Coming Together. I seriously don't know why they don't do that...really, I don't.










No comments:

Post a Comment